CrispAds Blog Ads




Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Thomas Sowell

I found this article about Thomas Sowell the other day. I highly recommend "Basic Economics" particularly for those "I don't know much about economics but..." people. Tom Bothell says about Sowell...

"Sowell writes about the basics of economics in language that is as straightforward as any I have ever seen, which is worth mentioning because he is one of the few trained economists who make the effort. Anyone interested in understanding plain-language economics should read two books by Sowell. The first is Basic Economics, which came out a few years ago and is now in paperback. I highly recommend it. If you don’t understand fractional reserve banking, you will after you read his lucid pages. Equally important is its companion volume, Applied Economics. "