CrispAds Blog Ads




Thursday, January 20, 2005

Top 5 Meals: #4

4. Veni Vedi Vici, Atlanta, GA

Veni Vedi Vici has long been a favorite of my wife and I in Atlanta. The first time we went there we did not receive good service, but the service has been impeccable ever since. I also like the atmosphere; upscale but cozy with an open kitchen.

About a year ago we went there to celebrate our anniversary. They had a special that night called "Crazy Lasagna". Kind of an odd name, but it had a veal bolognese sauce so I decided to try it. I don't really remember what else I had, because the lasagna was unbelievable. I could hardly speak the rest of the meal because I enjoyed the lasagna so much. When the waiter asked if I would like dessert, I told him that I would pass on dessert so that I could continue to savor the taste of the lasagna. He gave me a bemused yet understanding look.