CrispAds Blog Ads




Friday, February 18, 2005

Where the Left meets the Right

I am very encouraged that over the past few days I have had many visitors that tend to be more on the left politically. While we all tend to hold our opinions passionately, there is so much to be said for having dialog with those not like us.

It is often said that political parties sometimes use various issues as a wedge to divide people. I think this puts way too much of the blame on the political parties. WE are the ones to blame; we are the ones who fan the flames and start the ad hominem attacks. Don't misunderstand me. I very much enjoy a good debate on the merits of a wide variety of issues. But there is a big difference between honestly debating something and putting our fingers in our ears and hollering "nah-nah-nah-I can't HEAR you-nah-nah-nah."

Although I tend towards the right, I'm hoping that this blog can transcend both sides.