CrispAds Blog Ads




Wednesday, March 09, 2005

And now for something completely different

I just realized that I haven't ever posted about one of my great loves in life, music. I am utterly obsessed with listening to good music. I have been known to listen to certain CDs for months at a time without listening to anything else. While the love of music is often a intellectual thing for many people, it is very much an emotional thing for me. The common theme that ties together most of the music that I love is how it elicits certain feelings from me.

I'm going to try something a little unorthodox tonight. I am listening now to the music collection on my laptop in shuffle mode. I'm going to do a quick review of the next five songs that come up.

1. The Posies - Flavor of the Month: what a coincidence! When I first bought this album years ago, I listened to nothing else for about 5 months, as one of my roomates at the time can attest. The Posies are one of the best pop/rock bands of the past 20 years and are so underappreciated. I love playing this song at ear-splitting decibels in my car.

2. Jeff Buckley - Vancouver: Wow! Where to begin. My brother introduced me to Jeff Buckley years ago on a long drive to my grandfather's funeral. His voice is incomparable; the ultimate rock voice and this is certainly one of his more rocking songs.

3. Zero 7 - In The Waiting Line: This is from the Garden State soundtrack and is one of my favorite songs from the movie. Such a perfect fit for the movie and fabulous vocals.

4. Sunny Day Real Estate - Disappear: I swear I am such a weirdo. This song almost brings me to tears and I don't know why. Maybe it's Jeremy Enigk's mesmerizing voice. This is another band I can listen to over and over and never get tired of listening to.

5. Death Cab for Cutie - Title and Registration: I saw them last year with Pedro the Lion and Ben Kweller. One of the best shows I have seen in years. Another one of those bands that I just keep listening to for years.

And now back to your normal programming...