CrispAds Blog Ads




Monday, March 07, 2005

Let's Throw All the Bums Out

As much as those of us on opposite ends of the political spectrum debate various issues, I think we are all in agreement on one thing politically. And that is the fact that most of our representatives are simply in it for the power and never really accomplish much. At least that is my feeling.

I have too often seen candidates proclaim various political beliefs that quickly disappear once they get to Washington. I'm sure some people are going to say that I am not pragmatic and too much of an idealist. Yes, that is true, but it doesn't mean I'm not right on this issue.

Case in point: most Republicans elected to Congress talk about reducing the size of government and decreasing spending. Yet what happens when they are finally elected? They do just the opposite. I know that there are some exceptions (Rep. Jim Demint of SC comes to mind immediately) but this tends to be the case.

So why are polticians able to get away with this? Because they stack the deck. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to unseat an incumbant? It is almost impossible. The McCain-Feingold "campaign finance reform" bill should be renamed the "Protect the Incumbants" bill because that is exactly what it does.

So when are we going to start calling these people accountable?