CrispAds Blog Ads




Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Don't speak for me, Dr. Dobson


Unlike many evangelicals, I've never paid much attention to James Dobson. He always seemed like a fine guy but I've never had much interest in him or Focus on the Family.

Until today.

Here is what Dr. Dobson had to say on his radio program yesterday:
"I heard a minister the other day talking about the great injustice and evil of the men in white robes, the Ku Klux Klan, that roamed the country in the South, and they did great wrong to civil rights and to morality. And now we have black-robed men, and that's what you're talking about."

I am horrified that he would make such an intemperate comment. I'm rather disturbed about some of the decisions that our courts have made, but to equate our judiciary with the Klan is a blatant scare tactic. How is this any different that comparisons that some on the left make between Bush and Hitler?

It isn't; it is simply a way to appeal to people's emotions rather than engage people's minds.

Update: Matt at Stones Cry Out says it better than I can.