CrispAds Blog Ads




Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The King of Beers

A couple of weeks ago I had a few sips of Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout. I was quite impressed and wanted more. Unfortunately this particular brewery doesn't distribute in Georgia yet, but hopefully I can change that. So one of my friends took an order and brought some back from Florida. I should also note that this beer is $8.50 for a 12oz bottle, which seems quite excessive until you drink it.

Godric and I decided that this beer required making it an event so I went over to his back deck Sunday night to imbibe.

I'm tempted to say that I was left speechless except that it would be a rather boring post.

This may be the most complex beer I have ever had. It isn't as chewy and thick as some stouts I have had but it is unbelievably smooth. I was also amazed that a beer with an alcohol content of 18% could hide it so well.

I really didn't think that any beers would challenge the mighty Trappist Westvleteren 12 or the Rochefort 10 but I believe the Dogfish Head World Wide Stout may be the king now. I look forward to having another soon so that I can raise a glass to the brilliant brewmaster at Dogfish Head.