CrispAds Blog Ads




Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Bankruptcy of the Extreme Left

Over the past year, we have seen the meltdown of the extreme Left, devoid of ideas and filled with hatred. I read a piece on DailyKos that pretty much summed this up for me. The post was about the recent nomination of John Roberts to the Supreme Court. Obietom had this to say in his diary:
"I'm not saying I'm necessarily appalled, as I know next to nothing about Roberts (although judging from my inbox, HRC, NARAL and PFAW aren't thrilled, and Family Research Council's Tony Perkins is alarmingly cheerful). I just hope that someone smarter than I up there is orchestrating a rhyme and reason for throwing in the towel already, because with frames like these, it's hard to imagine much of a fight around the corner. And if this doesn't happen to be part of a greater plan, I certainly hope I'm wrong--that this will likely be perceived as defeatism or liberal ambiguity--and that we can still act effectively to block Roberts if he turns out to be a total nut. Guess we'll just have to wait and see..."

So let me see if I have this straight. We know nothing about Roberts, but he has to be bad because....hmmm.....BUSH LIED, PEOPLE DIED!!! (or something like that)

This is so bad for political discourse in this country. America is much better off with a strong minority party than one hijacked by extremists.