CrispAds Blog Ads




Friday, December 30, 2005

Dignan's #3 Blog of 2005: Jollyblogger

I have always been very suspicious of the idea of "virtual community" online. That is, I've thought that "virtual community" is not community. However, I am coming around on this idea slightly. I have discovered this year that blogging can help facilitate community and friendships. And the best example of this I have found is David Wayne aka the Jollyblogger. I am only half kidding when I refer to David as my online pastor. (David is a pastor in the PCA, my own denomination) Not only do David and I speak on the phone occasionally but David and his lovely wife have even had dinner at my house.

For those of you who haven't met David in person, he is one of the most genuinely friendly people I have ever met. You really have problems if you can't get along with this guy. But the amazing thing about David is that although he comes across as a regular guy content to small talk about college football and the like, he is smart as a whip and a brilliant writer.

David has developed what I think is one of the most influential Christian blogs around. He has also developed a knack for making fairly difficult concepts and ideas easy to understand. Let me direct you to some of his best posts from this past year:

Thanks for your friendship David and keep up the great blogging!