CrispAds Blog Ads




Sunday, January 01, 2006

Rolling Stone's Mavericks of 2005


So I was in Target with my kids last week and picked up the latest copy of Rolling Stone. My interest was piqued by the cover article, Mavericks of 2005. I was curious to see who made the list and for what reasons. And then I began to laugh.

At least half of the people on the list were celebrities who *gasp*, had the cajones to criticize President Bush. There was much talk of these people such as George Clooney, Mick Jaggar, and Kanye West "risking it all" to speak the truth.

It sounds like The Onion doesn't it. Afterall, everyone knows that Hollywood and the music industry is run by neo-cons and theo-cons.

It was at this point I finally noticed that the article was written by none other than Michael Moore.

I am certainly not a shill for Bush. I have plenty of criticisms for this administration. But if you are going to "preach to the choir" as Moore is obviously doing in Rolling Stone, can't you at least be somewhat intelligent about it. If this is representative of what our country's youth are reading, I weep for the future.