CrispAds Blog Ads




Thursday, March 23, 2006

The 2006 Dignan Road Show

I love road trips. There are fewer things I enjoy more. And it has been about 4 years since my last big road trip. So imagine my excitement to discover that I have to make a very impromptu road trip this weekend. Here is the tentative itinerary:

Saturday at 6:00AM - get on a plane to Providence, RI

9:45AM - arrive in Providence to meet my father-in-law and his wife. They are the reason for the trip. They are kindly bestowing a much needed car upon us, hence the reason for the trip.

11:00AM - drive to NYC to hang with one of my best friends and his wife (who happens to be my wife's best friend and college roomate). The plan is to hang in NYC the rest of Saturday.

Sunday at 6:00AM - get in car to make the drive from NYC to the ATL. Cruise down the Jersey Turnpike, past Philly, through Baltimore (possibly making a surprise drop in to a friend's church briefly), through DC, VA, NC, and SC.

So, if you are one of Dignan's faithful readers and find yourself along my route or in NYC, give me a shout out and maybe we can grab a quick coffee. I will also be bored silly by the time I hit VA and NC Sunday afternoon, so if anyone would like to chat on the phone with the not-famous-at-all Dignan, email me your phone number and I will give a call from the BatPhone some time on Sunday.

I'll do my best to post from the road possibly with pictures. I'm taking the laptop and my sweet new Verizon broadband wireless card.