CrispAds Blog Ads




Monday, July 24, 2006

Hank Johnson for Congress: Time Is Up for Cynthia McKinney

Many of you know of my flirtation of running against Cynthia McKinney. From the very beginning I stated that my interest was less about me and all about getting real representation for the 4th District of Georgia.

Well friends, the time is upon us to finally get rid of the least effective representative in the US House of Representatives. In last week's primary election, Democrat Hank Johnson garnered enough support to force a runoff election against Cynthia McKinney on August 8th. While I have my differences politically with Hank, he is a good man who will not embarrass the constituents of the 4th District and will work hard for us.

Many of you leapt at the opportunity to help me unseat Cynthia McKinney. I am now asking all of you to help finish her off. Conventional wisdom would say that McKinney has the edge as the incumbent. But we are going to defeat conventional wisdom and McKinney.

For those of you who live in the Atlanta area, I invite you to join me in meeting Hank Johnson this coming Wednesday evening, July 26th, at 6:30PM at the 57th Fighter Group in Atlanta to show your support and find out how you can help defeat McKinney. All are invited. Please email me to let me know if you will attend. I would like our blog community to show tremendous support to Hank and show that we can tip the balance in an election.

For those who don't live in Atlanta, please visit Hank's website and contribute to his campaign. I know that many of you had committed to contribute to me and I would hope that you would now give to Hank.