CrispAds Blog Ads




Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Georgia Politics Podcast

I know this may be a bit too local for some of you, but I was invited to be a part of a panel discussion for the Georgia Politics Podcast on Sunday. Joseph G of monotonous dot net led the discussion. Others on the panel were Catherine Smith of Blog for Democracy, Decaturguy of Atlanta Public Affairs, Nikki Strickland of Alenda Lux, and Joe Winter of Joeventures. The wonderfully talented duo of Rusty Tanton and Amber Rhea hosted us and recorded the podcast.

This podcast party was a perfect example of my contention that actually meeting people face to face can help rachet down harsh political rhetoric. I am sure that I have very little in common politically with the other guests yet they were a great group of people that I got on fabulously with. I was particularly impressed with Joseph G and his desire to have guests from all along the political spectrum participate in the podcast.

As for the podcast itself, we discussed the Hank Johnson/Cynthia McKinney results, the Georgia governor's race, and the recent comments by Andy Young.

Speaking of Hank Johnson, I got to speak with Hank for about 10 minutes last night at a party for his campaign team. Considering that Hank is a shoo-in to win in the general election in November, I was impressed by how unaffected he seemed, especially after all of the national media attention. I think that Hank is going to make a great Congressman and is going to represent the entire district with class and dignity for years to come.